Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Reboot and Cosplay Sequels?

OK, so now that we're at the end of the Cosplay segment of the blog, I have two things I need to discuss: the reboot and any possible sequels Cosplay could have.

First, the reboot.

It’s no secret I was disappointed in the way the original story had gone, which was why I had to reboot it. Plus, there were too many subplots that weren't working and characters that showed up and took over the story. Nobody wants those. I mean, NOBODY wants a character who isn't the main protagonist to take over the story.

That’s why I had to pull the plug on the story.

Second, I had to restructure the story in a way that it makes sense. (At this point, I’m still trying to rebuild the story.) That way, no unwanted surprises can come unexpectedly, as it did with the first story.

However, I will do my best to make sure that the story will be ready for publication next year.

As for any possible sequels, I know I've said that there won't be any possible sequels to Cosplay, but then I wondered about Nicholas's family legacy and how it was affecting him. I’m sure that maybe he would try to do something about his family and redeem the family name, but it won't be in a sequel.

Maybe I might be able to pick it up in a side story, as opposed to a full-blown sequel. (I don't want to ruin anything by turning Cosplay into a series or literary franchise; it wouldn't work, nor would it be good for the story. besides, not all stories need sequels.) But who knows.

I'll start with the story "Notorious: The Ballad of Candy Cane Brenner" on October 17, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment