Monday, October 17, 2016

Notorious: The Ballad of Candy Cane Brenner

The next story featured on this blog is called "Notorious: The Ballad of Candy Cane Brenner". In this story, famous pop singer/actress Candy Cane Brenner attends a charity concert in Bolindale, New Mexico. Naturally, she performs in that concert, as it benefits the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Yet, while she is there for the concert, she finds herself involved in a decade-old mystery, which was the murder of a little girl named Mimi Johnson.

That began the end of her music and acting careers.

This was my first story for NaNoWriMo, and I created the idea in 2004. But it was supposed to be about a bullied girl who runs away and becomes a pop star, which looked like a great idea at the time.

Of course, I had written the story using that idea before the story crashed and burned, as that plot was unrealistic and boring. So I had to scrap it.

As I've said in another blog post on another blog, "when it came time for me to write the story, I couldn’t get a single idea out without failing. The main character wasn’t Candy Cane Brenner, but a girl named Mimi Johnson, whose short life and tragic death put a huge damper on the story."

Then I had to abandon the story because it refused to cooperate with me.

But the story's theme is "you may think you know about a celebrity, but how much do you know about who they really are?" And that's what eventually puts this story in perspective.

Now you know.

Let's see how much I can salvage this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment